Ship Security Plan Approval
ST Education & Training has been named the Recognized Security Organization (RSO) by the Panama Maritime Authority (PMA) to review and recommend approval of Ship Security Plans.
- Ship Owners or Company Security Officer (CSO) will designate or hire a qualified individual or company to conduct and prepare the Ship Security Assessment (SSA) and write the Ship Security Plan (SSP).
- Company Security Officer (CSO) will use a SSA/SSP verification checklist to ensure that the Ship Security Assessment (SSA) and Ship Security Plan (SSP) meets the requirements of SOLAS Annex XI-2 and part A of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code including guidance from Part B.
- Company Security Officer (CSO) can use any SSA/SSP verification checklist issued by classification society or by STET for the above purpose. Click here to download STET’s SSA/SSP verification checklist.
Ship Security Plan Review For Approval Phase
- Upon receipt of the SSP, STET will review the SSP for essential elements and compliance with ISPS code basis on submitted SSA, SSP and the SSA/SSP verification checklist.
- STET will accept or reject the SSP within 5 days upon receipt of payment and will notify the Company Security Officer (CSO) in writing via e-mail.
Ship Security Plan Approval Certificate
- If the submitted Ship Security Plan meets with the requirements of SOLAS Annex XI-2 and part A of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code including relevant sections of part B of the ISPS code, STET will issue a Ship Security Plan Approval Certificate and courier same to the Company Security Officer (CSO).
- Company Security Officer (CSO) will include the certificate together with the SSP for implementation onboard the ship.
- STET will archive the processed SSP with comments for use by the PMA as necessary.
Ship Security Plan Rejection Phase
- If the submitted security plan does not comply with the ISPS code, it will be rejected and the Company Security Officer (CSO) will be notified via e-mail with comments highlighting what revision need to be made.
- A resubmittal fee will be charged if the revision requires MAJOR re-writting of the whole SSP.
NOTE: Company can email their vessel’s SSP to
Attn: Ms. Chong Siok Hoon
Tel: 6477 6679 Fax : 6477 6677